Re: injured workers are crime victims

This forum can be viewed but not be posted to. Visit our new one here.

[ Follow Ups ] [ injuredworker Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kay Abel on October 15, 1999 at 22:17:27:

In Reply to: injured workers are crime victims posted by Tom on January 21, 1999 at 14:16:30:

Hello Tom, I started reading the board tonight Oct. 15. I am my husbands fulltime caregiver because SAIF refuses to provide 24 hr. Registered nursing care ordered by DCBS. Our attorney can't get the director to enforce his order. Tom has a life-threatening seizure disorder from a head injury. He does pretty well when he's not having seizures. Saif wants to remove him from his home and family and put him away in a nusing home where he may or may not have an RN available to give him the iv medications he needs to stop his seizures. They refuse to pay me a reasonable amount for taking care of Tom because they are afraid of setting a precedent. I have saved SAIF hundreds of thousands of dollars by treating Tom at home and keeping him out of the hospital. They closed Tom's claim and cut off his temporary timeloss. He gets no compensation for being totally and permanently disabled. I have resisted falling into a "victims mentality" but I find myself agreeing with you. We have been systematically attacked by SAIF f for 10 years. They are thugs, allowed by the system to assault injured workers at will. If crimes are being commiited and they are then there must be victims. But we are not helpless victims because we never stop resisting the corruptness. I am taking Tom to the upcoming conference in Springfield. The truth about the system MUST be told and we must demand change. God Bless you all and keep up the good work. We will prevail against our enemies.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ injuredworker Message Board ] [ FAQ ]