Re: The Oregon Prefered Worker Program

This forum can be viewed but not be posted to. Visit our new one here.

[ Follow Ups ] [ injuredworker Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan Gammon on October 08, 1999 at 17:27:05:

In Reply to: Re: The Oregon Prefered Worker Program posted by Question on October 02, 1999 at 22:42:34:

Dear Terapin: I guess if I say enough times, someone will start to belive me. I'll say it again: The Preferred Worker Program (PWP) is NOT funded, controlled or operated by the insurers of this state!!!! PWP is funded by contributions from employers and workers into the workers benefit fund. The PWP is administered by the State of Oregon, NOT THE INSURERS!!!! The only way anybody can get benefits from the PWP is if the worker agrees to provide the benefits to the employer. I think you may be confusing the PWP with the vocational assistance provisions under the laws governing workers' compensation in Oregon. No worker receives time loss or re-training under the Preferred Worker Program. timeloss and re-training are benefits that the insurer is obligated to provide workers who qualify for such assistance. The eligibility for vocational assistance from insurers is very different from being eligible for PWP benefits. In many cases, injured workers who are not eligible for vocational assistance through the insurers are eligible for PWP. THESE TWO PROGRAMS ARE NOT THE SAME. IF YOU OR ANY OTHER WORKER ARE CONFUSED (AND PLEASE DON'T FEEL BAD BECAUSE THERE ARE LOTS OF FOLKS WHO GET CONFUSED ABOUT THE WORKERS COMP. SYSTEM, INCLUDING MYSELF AND I'VE BEEN WORKING IN IT FOR 14 YEARS.), please feel free to contact me through the message board or directly at 1-800-445-3948 ext. 7572.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ injuredworker Message Board ] [ FAQ ]