Re: 80 million to employers & the Oregon Prefered Worker Program

This forum can be viewed but not be posted to. Visit our new one here.

[ Follow Ups ] [ injuredworker Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan Gammon, reemployment consultant for Preferred Worker Program (PWP) on September 29, 1999 at 13:14:17:

In Reply to: Re: 80 million to employers & the Oregon Prefered Worker Program posted by Marty on September 24, 1999 at 14:05:56:

I want to respond to your characterization of the Preferred Worker Program as being a creation of SAIF Corporation. Although SAIF and other insurers in Oregon would like employers and workers think that it is their program (and apparently they are successful in convincing you), I must correct this perception. The Preferred Worker Program is funded by the Workers Benefit Fund. this fund is supported by Oregon employers and workers through payroll deductions. Furthermore, ThePreferred Worker Program is exclusively a worker activated program. This means no benefits from this program can be released to an employer (or the worker) without the worker's say-so. Although we know there are employers out there who attempt to abuse this program, we pursue those who violate the rules and take appropriate action. If you or other injured workers know of anyone who has or is abusing the Preferred Worker Program, we want to know about. If you have any questions about waht I have just posted here, please feel free to call me at 1-800-445-3948 ext. 7572, or E-mail me at dan.r.gammon@state.or.us

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ injuredworker Message Board ] [ FAQ ]