Re: Administrative Law Judges

This forum can be viewed but not be posted to. Visit our new one here.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Injuredworker Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Merle Campbell on February 15, 1999 at 15:51:39:

In Reply to: Administrative Law Judges posted by Buzzy on February 14, 1999 at 18:01:45:

It is my humble opinion after reading the statutes that unlike the IRS which enployees
tax ajudicators that do not have to be attorneys or members of the bar, Administrative
Law Judges must be a member in good standing of Oregon State Bar or Bar of another
state or admitted to practice in federal courts in the District of Columbia.

There are provisions for performance evaluations written by the attorneys practicing
in front of the Administrative law judges. The workers comp board has the power to
remove, appoint, and otherwise control the general tenor of the Administrative Law
Judges by virtue of there statutory control.

In my opinion this has not provided any real protection for the injured worker. I
believe that the exclusive remedy provision in the worker comp statues preclude any
fairness that Administaive Law Judges may lend to the system. This system is skewed
to the workers comp industry at the real and grave expense of the truly injured worker.

I recommend you request a copy the Workers Comp Administrative rules and a copy of the
Workers Compensation Laws from the Workers Comp Div. from the Workers Comp Ombudsman at
(503) 378-3351, or write to the Workers Compensation Division, 350 Winter Street N.E.
Salem, Oreon 97310

Merle Campbell

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Injuredworker Message Board ] [ FAQ ]