Re: WC & Thoracic Outlet Syndrome

This forum can be viewed but not be posted to. Visit our new one here.

[ Follow Ups ] [ injuredworker Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bob on August 06, 2000 at 11:22:11:

In Reply to: Re: WC & Thoracic Outlet Syndrome posted by Wimpster on June 20, 1999 at 11:47:36:

I spent almost 4 years of my life being humiliated and belittled by Reliastar Insurance and Cigna Insurance Co. This was all due to TOS (Thoracic Outlet Syndrome). I had an attorney since the beginning, a great doctor, and a support system for a while. But, my long term disability insurance co. dropped me, (reason: they didn't get complete med. records) I tried/tried and it was a hopeless fight which was lost before I began. My work avoided me like the plague, I lost everything. How did my case close in court? I had a choose; I could close for a small amount(which I had basically collected while living in poverty during the time I endured the pain, the loss, and the humiliation)and pay attorney/friends and family off with the little money left, or I could go to trial and more of their doctors and psychiatrists with this so called psychosomatic illness that many of experience as TOS. Another year or two of fighting and wasted energy was too much to even consider. I was worn out, damaged by this Worker's Compensation System that doesn't work, and just tired of doctors who are paid to lie. I bailed out. Now I float around homeless but educated. We live in a society where the corporation rules, makes the rules and plays dirty whenever needed. Don't take it personally, many of us suffer and are forever damaged because of this not so wonderful system our government has supported. Expect nothing fair in a worker's compensation case. May you find more success in this process than I did.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ injuredworker Message Board ] [ FAQ ]